Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Street Lamps: Bizarre!

Over the last few years of Patrick's (brother-in-law) travels I've noticed something and even made the odd joke about it .... now its out of hand! I just saw his photos from his recent trip to london and there they are, plain as day ... STREET LAMPS!! Ok it might be coincidence, I mean if you take a picture on a street in most cities you might well catch a "bit of lamp" but have a look at this selection and judge for yourself:


Its not like he's a dull "spotter", he gets around! Heading off to Rome, New York, Oslo, Peru, London, Paris ..... but its getting to the stage when I just know I'm gonna see pics of street lamps with a corner of some of the great sites of the world squeezing in from the side.



Patrick you need help!
Just admit you have a Street lamp Fetish and you're half way there.

So how can I tie this into my paranormal blog I here you ask? Easy!


From wiki:

Street light interference, or SLI, is an alleged anomalous phenomenon street lights, or outside building security lights, when passing near them. Hilary Evans coined the word "SLIder" to refer to someone who causes this effect, in his book The SLI Effect. In his book on page 15 he says "the effect is spontaneous and is apparently meaningless; it serves no practical purpose, nor does it seem to provide satisfaction for the individual or in any other way serve some kind of psychological purpose." He further explains that a wide variety of street lamp types are targeted. Hilary Evans is a well know English author on paranormal subjects and one of the founding members of the Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena

The idea of SLI might seem weird but its very common - try google it.

Thankfully Lamp Fetishes are as common but if you give that a google too you'll see its also not as rare as I'd be comfortable with!

1 comment:

RedTomato said...

you didn't show the best one! the one from Paris. I call it a theme not a fetish!